Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Dabbler, I'm with you on the coffee. One of the hardest things to endure after Sandy was the lack of coffee. There was no power, no water, no gas and all our camping stuff was ruined. When we were wandering around the streets we came across some people who brought Dunkin Donuts coffee boxes, but they had no cups!!! WAH!!! Finally, I realized that there was a generator at the plant where my husband was working so I dragged a coffee maker over there. Since there was a military occupation on the island, every time I wanted to go to the plant which was only four blocks away, I had to go through three or four check points manned by various branches of law enforcement or military. The last one was the DEA and they had assault rifles. Eventually when I rolled down the window with a full pot of coffee on the floor one of them asked, "Is that coffee I smell?" I became their best friend and started bringing non-dairy creamer, sugar and cups. Some of them had brand new thermoses but nothing to put in them. Ahhhhh. Life is good when you have coffee! Think I'll go make another cup! (Oooo! An idea for my self-portrait!)