Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 AM
themachinelady

If you will take any kind of automatic dishwasher soap and squirt quite a bit into the pan and put some water with it and boil it on your stovetop for a while, it will come right out. I cleaned all my stove burner pans on my electric stove with this method and what doesn't come off can usually be removed easily with Brillo pads. My burner pans always looked like new after cleaning. I have done a number of cooking pots with this method and they are just like before nice and shiny. Of course you can't use Brillo on non-stick, but there are scratcher pads out there for non stick pans and they work well too. If you have copper bottom pans squirt some catsup on the bottom rub around and leave on for 5 minutes or so and then wash off using brillo pads and they shine like new. Cheap way to clean those bottoms! If you have some stubborn spots, repeat the treatment and scrub a little harder with the Brillo pad. There is something in the soap in the Brillo pads that helps clean copper bottoms too.

themachinelady