Old 06-30-2013, 08:16 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Miriam,

Of course I want all the fun! I'd much rather play with/ work on machines than sew.

Cathy
sigh - me too - so much more fun... lately I've been getting derelict machines - all kinds of issues. I wish you could stop by, Cathy - we could have so much fun... Yesterday I worked on a 'Capital' - outside looked good. It was ejecting bobbins. Then I noticed the needle was hitting somewhere way off. I reset the timing. Then I test sewed with it. The tension was way off. I rebuilt the tension/bobbin tension - the little thing that the pin hits on was in backwards. Nice machine. It does zz, ss and blind hem and has an automatic buttonhole maker - it would treadle and do it well. I also got a Singer 223 with the same throat plate/bobbin cover as the Capital... also made in Japan. It had remarkably the same problems. I'm thinking the worst machines in town go to shopgoodwill - so far they all need something. I'm learning so much!!! I also got a Brother machine that seems real bouncy - it's the only way I can describe that machine. I oiled it up with T-F and gave it time out. There is something wrapped around the motor shaft, too. The belt is wrong. The motor is reluctant.