View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:43 PM
leatheflea

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Have you ever done this type of work before? It sounds from the questions you are asking that this is something you really are not sure about "how to do". Like Jan I cannot really see just a horse's head on a queen size quilt plus shams with the same likeness! Maybe you should rethink doing this commissioned project
She wants the full horse on the quilt with no landscape in the background just solid background fabric, and the horse head on the shams. Working on commission is all about pleasing the customer. She loves her horse, she said she loves her girls eyes. If anything will give me a problem that might be it. Nope I've never tried to make a quilt in the likeness of a live subject. I don't believe in tossing in the towel before even trying. I have however made many appliqued quilts using various styles of applique. It's not on my list of must makes either, but its on her must have list. I quoted her a price and was sure she would say no thank you! but she said yes I'll pay more if needed! It'll be an adventure, who knows where the adventure may lead. All in all I just want to make her happy and make money in return.