View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 PM
sunkistmi

Thanks Tiffany, I will try REALLY cold water. For most of the lines, I didn't even soak the markings. They came out as soon as the water hit them. I did use cold water but maybe it wasn't cold enough. I'm glad I didn't put it in the dryer. I know that would have set it really good. I wondered what would happen if I used a little laundry soap or non-chlorine bleach on the lines? I was afraid to try it since the backing fabric had dark greens and the border was off-white. I'm trying to think if I perhaps pressed the binding in that area and it got hot. I don't think so but when you mentioned the hot car it got me thinking.

I know the young girl will love the quilt. I used a little panel with a kitten in the very center that looks just like my little foster girl. She was brought to me when she was just days old and I bottle fed her. They picked her up on Weds and took her to the vet for a check up on Fri. The vet said she was in excellent shape and had be taken care of by a "good momma". I cried when she left but I know she is in her forever home and is very much loved. I still have 3 little boys that had been brought to me 2 1/2 weeks earlier that I also bottle raised. They are supposed to be fixed Tuesday, then will go to the store where their forever families will see them and adopt them. I had planned to take them on Weds but the store is closed Thursday (someone will go in to feed all the animals) and I do not want to leave them all by themselves all day. They would just not understand after being with me since babies. It's going to be hard enough to be stuck in a cage after having a whole guest room to play in.

Better run, thanks again. I will try the ice. Wish me luck!

Wendy