Old 07-01-2013, 05:31 AM
nancia

i have nearly finished the turning 25 (yeah, i'm an over-achiever. lol). just need to put the borders on. this is a very fast quilt and it lends itself to lots of variation. the hardest part is the cutting/ i went off to grann's without the pattern and had to rely on my memory--my what? but i got the numbers right! mostly.i will post a picture or 2 soon.
i'm with you, d'sm. i don't decorate for the holidays either-- oh, i might have a few holiday scraps thrown around but no one would think that was decorating. august will be spent as my grande tour of texas and i doubt i will get much more done, altho' i am open to the possibility of stitching something small--maybe your pot holders, d'sm. 8-) something that can be done with scissors and no pins (small children and a cat.) ( oh, don't worry, sikesjj! the cat is in a separate home and i won't see him till the last week of my visit.) i'm hoping to meet up with a couple of quilters while i'm there. this board has the nicest people on it! and i feel like wherever i go there's a touch of home and friendly voices!
i have loaded my nook and both computers with titles from barnes and nobles and am ready to read into the night! o will have to do without this grumpy grammi in the mornings! i'm only up today because the guy is coming to measure the yard for the fence. new guy, new estimate. i just want to get it done! i'm tired of looking at the old bed spring holding up one section ( and cleverlt tied to the others with clothesline. really? aw, come on! it's right next to the still and the privy. sheesh!!
anyhoo. d'sm, i would be happy to enter into a little side thing with you and exchange pot holders. mine disappear ( probably in that place with all the single socks!lol) so let me know what colors/theme. i'm going back to sleep til that guy gets here. who thought of putting morning at the bedinning of the day? bad idea, very bad! morning belongs at the end of the day when i'm sleeping!!
i'll be bach ! ( you can be mozart.)