Thread: motivation
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Letty

Originally Posted by sahm4605 View Post
It has been months since I have done any real quilting. and it is driving me nuts. I want to but just cant get motivated. I have 4 quilts in various stages of done-ness and I have three more that I would love to work on but I just don't have the motivation to sit down and sew. mostly because when I do both my kids (5 1/2 and almost 4) come in the dinning room where I sew and want to get into everything and are trying to talk to me. I love my kids but PLEASE let me have 5 min of quiet to get into the grove of sewing. I can't sit anymore and sew for ong periods of time because of back and neck problems from a car accident last august. How do you guys get up and do it. Looking on here has helped get my flair for it back but how do you guys just get motivated to sew?
Hi, Motivation is so often a problem, I have really bad back and neck pain and waiting for an operation that may-- or not help.Then my lovely husband created a sewing room for me-- very small but everything to hand, then I spent time on this forum and the fantastic help on youtube .I now feel a real buzz and motivated.Give your children time, they are precious but allocate time for yourself too. We have to make space for ourselves to help cope with what life gives us. Perhaps you could give the children something to do as you sew -- sort out your threads or scraps maybe. Keep cheerful, bless you, I'm 73 years old but creativity still continues. x