Old 07-01-2013, 04:50 PM
miriam
Power Poster

The Singer 223 has straight stitch, zz and a blind hem stitch. I am impressed that the machine for the most part is well made. Maybe someone else has one and can help me out a little bit. Some times I'm blind as a bat. I got it mostly cleaned up and then I tested it. It would zig but not zag if you know what I mean... I gave it more oil and time out. LOL...
Today, after working on a couple other projects, I thought I would tackle the timing issues. I looked at the needle bar and thought it looked like it was fine. Then I thought aw why not - I hadn't cleaned out the grease trap to the rear of and below the shuttle I guess. Two little old screws. I'll NEVER not look there again. Nope not ever... Probably do it first from here out. YETCH. Full of grease and lint. There is a little opening behind the shuttle for all the lint to funnel right in there. SO I dug it out - hard dried up grease mixed with lint. As I was digging I noticed that the set screws on the gears were loose. I'm thinking there is another set screw for the shuttle holder that is not holding either. I think it will need to be timed as I tighten up the set screws. I put it back together and gave it some time out... me too... I'm hoping the of the gear box comes up - below is the cover with some grease and lint still on it. I must have dug grease out for a good hour....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422151[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails yellow-kitchen-7-1-13-024.jpg