Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
JeanieG

My sewing room is kind of limbo right now too, so I can sympathise with QNS! When I bought my new to me Brother a few weeks ago, I decided to move the Baby Lock to my sewing cabinet. Well, when hubby and I started looking at the opening in the cabinet (it was for my 1962 Singer 503 that I purchased new), there is no way we could alter that opening. So we moved the sewing cabinet to the garage, and put my 4 ft adjustable folding table I used for cutting (because it would adjust to counter height) where the cabinet use to be. Of course I had to empty the old cabinet and what could I put that stuff in? We found a Hefty 3 drawer cabinet that would fit under the lowered adjustable table and that worked real well. Now what about that cutting table that became a sewing table.....well, I just ordered another one from WalMart. I leave the cutting table at counter height in the center of the room with a large cutting mat on it. The Brother Machine is on a large wooden square Singer Sewing Table (also has an insert for a machine, but of course the Brother won't fit there either). I lower the cutting table when I am quilting and put it alongside the square table to help with the weight of the quilts. I love, love, love, that adjustable table, just cannot do without another one! I cleaned the whole sewing room (it gets so dusty, as I love open windows), except for where the old closet was. That now has a 5 drawer dresser and shelves. I debated about removing all the bins and reorganizing that area, but thought I had done enough! LOL Well, do you think I've rambled on enough?? All because QNS was talking about all her scraps in her sewing room.