Old 07-01-2013, 08:53 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

You can add me into the sewing room in disarray. When I got my new machine and cabinet I started doing the switchover, then got stumped by not knowing just where I wanted to put things. Plus I was frustrated that no sewing was getting done. Finally I accepted that it was not so important to do it immediately ... and better to work with it, and then settle things as I go. So every once in awhile I do a bit more, according to what I decide will work the best. Avoids doing it and then rearranging things when I work with it and say, oh that was so wrong!!

Table heights ... I have a couple of the banquet tables for cutting and sandwiching, with bed risers under. My big ironing board is a little higher, and a more comfortable height for cutting and wish the bed risers were just a wee bit higher.

Totally understandable for the fireworks cancellation, JeanieG! It varies here for Canada Day. Some have them, some don't ... partly the liability issues, funding and sometimes fireworks displays are banned when it's been too hot and dry. This year, there were lots. Neighbours over the ridge had them the last three nights ... I saw none, because of the trees between us, but sure did hear them!

QNSue ... Canada Day is over, so back to boring black! Many of the celebrations were on the TV. The big one being in Ottawa, the nation's capital!