Old 07-02-2013, 06:45 AM
blueheavenfla

Wow, things have really changed in Indy since I lived there...all 4 homes in which I lived had basements and of course, those many eons ago, there was no garbage rationing. No wonder you can find so much good stuff to play with. What a great learning opportunity. Here it is hard to find anything in the way of machines that are affordable. I think folks get rid of them before they move down here.
Donna

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I have absolutely no problem finding tons of machines. Indianapolis has no basements. We have garbage rationing here. We get one can a week - granted it is big enough to be a homeless shelter - kind of comforting if the need arises... So people donate or have garage sales... My biggest problem is to get rid of fixed up machines. I sell them dirt cheap on CL... I quit doing garage sales... We live in a crappy neighborhood... I am running out of room at the shop. I am finding that there were a LOT of cool machines other than Singer and other than the ones made in Europe... A whole lot more than I ever dreamed. No wonder everybody collects... I am LEARNING a lot working on these derelict machines. I just hope that Singer 223 doesn't end up a parts machine. It may be one of the best other than those gears.... an ounce of prevention would have gone a long ways. I wonder what grease should go back in there? Maybe there is a way to stick a cork in that hole to keep the lint out.