Old 11-21-2009, 05:01 PM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I sure wish I could get someone to get these for me for Christmas!! All I need is the software and rulers. As for fabric, why, I'd use my scraps of course! :wink: Sadly, everyone in the family is on such a tight budget and Christmas is going to be celebrated, but not by exchanging gifts, at least not this year. I say that but then I did make my grandson a quilt for his bed. What can I say, I'm grandma and it's my perogative! :lol:

I must admit this is one pattern that I find a bit intimidating. I think doing it as a group is a great idea!
i think on a budget, most quilters could actually do without the rulers since most of us already have squaring rulers that can square a block at 5 inches.

the triangle ruler can actually be made from quilters template materials.

i can put up the measurements on the triangle for people who would like to do that.

the real thing you need is either the software, my 1st choice because its easy to print out the patterns, or the book - which has the line drawings of the blocks and you just have to trace them.

so you would be looking at about $40 or so for the software and $20 or so if you went for the book instead to save money.

if you'd really like to be a part of the cyber block party let me know and we can do a shout out to see if someone on the forum has a book to lend you or something like that.