Old 07-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Cindy - Love your Caitlin's Rose - yours actually looks much more like a flower!! You're right the book shows it differently from the original, but I think Brenda has the original as one of the center block variations for L-11 in her software [which I looked at after I realized that several of the original patterns actually appear as variations.] For anyone wanting the instructions for the original see post #2008 - but Cindy's does look more like a flower! I've got to get more of Jane done too!!! your RS13 is making me think about jumping back in - need to try for 3-4/week while getting show stuff ready! ugh.... I was checking tris - LS 8 and 9 and noted a couple of differences again - I like the way Jane's background in LS-8 [wk of June 23] center part comes up to a point - none of the instructions/blogs are like that and it really is just a simple alteration ....bring those two slanted strips of print to meet at the inner corner in the middle of the top section. That quilt has the top ovals/melons reverse applique like Jane, Aunt Reen uses the applique on top option. LS9 [week of July 14 coming up] is totally reverse applique although some of the blogs show it on top. When I look carefully it looks as though Jane attached the vertical background strip in between the semi-circles of print and then reverse appliqued the entire circle behind that part of the tri.