Thread: Defleaing
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 PM
maga

I am a retired vet tech. Fleas have been around for years and years. Here are some things that I would recommend to my patients with great results. If you have a big flea problem you can not just treat your pet. The house, outside, etc. need to be treated also. Any good flea boom will work in the house. I would recommend you use more bombs then it says. Any good outside flea control will work. A few days after you have bombed the house put about 5 - 6 mothballs and vacum them up. Remember to vacum the sofa, chairs, etc. The moth balls will kill any fleas larvae, eggs that are left behind. From this point, use moth balls everytime you vacum. No one is ever totally free of fleas as they hitch rides on our shoes, socks, etc. But using moth balls will keep them in check. Please, please do not use any detergent on your pets. After wetting always start with the head area using baby shampoo then move backwards with a good flea shampoo leaving it on for at least 5 minutes. Or take to a groomer where they have and use professional products which are not available to the public. Good luck in your quest, you can do it.