View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Scraplady

Including the antiques that I don't actually sew on (maybe someday I'll see if I can get them restored), I have 12. Oldest to youngest the ones I use are:

1) 1972 Kenmore 3/4 size that still sews wonderfully. This is the one that goes to classes with me.
2) Babylock Decorator's Choice, my first electronic. This is now my secondary machine that stays out and ready to use at all times.
3) Another Kenmore basic mechanical store model bought dirt cheap to keep as a back-up when my Babylock had to go in the shop. It actually sews surprisingly well for such an inexpensive machine.
4) Elna 744 serger which doesn't get nearly as much use as it should, despite the fact it sits on the desktop. I used to use it constantly when I sewed garments as a business.
5) Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000. This is the one I use constantly, all day every day if I could! I've had this one for 6 months and still haven't learned all it can do.
6) Brother PE780D embroidery machine. Brand new to ME, wish I had more time to play with it. This machine and #5 were Christmas gifts from DH this past year.

The rest are vintage beauies that are just cheerleaders. They make me smile when I look at them. And that's the family.