Thread: Defleaing
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 AM
AshleyR

Last year, we had a bad flea problem. I had very good luck with salt. I sprinkled it everywhere. I also put out pans of soapy water (I didn't mess with the lamp, but I'm sure that would have helped) and they just jumped right in there and couldn't jump out. I put them under furniture. They were probably trying to escape the salt!! I vacuumed every day until it was "better", then I got lazy and vacuumed once a week. I should mention that we have 3 indoor/outdoor dogs and 4 indoor cats.
This year, I was determined not to repeat. So I got the generic stuff from Walmart that is half the price of the "real" stuff and started putting it on the dogs in March. I am also very adament that the lawn stays mowed this year!
Last week, someone else told me to get Yeast pills from the Pet store. 500 pills for $10, but they are much cheaper from Amazon, so I'm ordering from there soon. She said once she started giving that to her dogs, they never had fleas. All of the dogs and all but one of the cats love them and think they are treats!! But as long as the dogs don't bring fleas in, the cats should be ok.