Thread: rural iowan
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 PM
inventshelly

Default rural iowan

I was born on a farm in western Iowa, my parents divorced when I was young and I moved to a town where I learned how to sew and quilt from my grandmother and graduated high school. Got my degree from ISU in Art, and after some personal tragedy went on to graduate school. Continued sewing and quilt making, created my own designs, painted and dyed fabric, and discovered Project Linus. After some more turmoil, and a lot of time spent caregiving I finally got married last June. I moved to a rural area, and 3 quilt/fabric stores in the area have closed in last year. I also left a great group of quilters, who are now about 85 miles away.

My mother is a long arm quilter, and I have her starter machine. I've gotten more interested in applique projects. I have about a dozen works in progress, and for past 4 years have planned/designed a BOM type project.

So I miss my hand quilting group who would listen and let me vent, and then being a few decades older than me, would vent themselves, or give advice.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-05-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: pm to member