View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 AM
teddysmom

Default My first guild meeting

I've been wanting to join a guild for several months. Went on line and found some in my county but all met at night. I'm a morning person so by evening, I'm ready to call it a day. Finally, decided to look for one in the next county. Found 2 that met at night and 1 that met in the mornings. I looked up the web site for the morning one and liked what I saw. Small guild of about 25, meet every 1st Mon for the Guild meeting and other Wed during the month for sewing charity quilts, etc. Went yesterday morning and was welcomed with open arms. Don't think there was a single lady who didn't come up to me and introduce herself. A nice surprise was that they were having a 4th of July pot-luck lunch following the meeting. Even nicer since I got to spend some extra time with them. Discovered one lady who lives less than 5 miles from me. Can't wait to meet with them on the 17th to work on charity quilts. I've always been a little "leery" of Guilds because so many of you have had negative experiences but this one seems to be a "jewel".