View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 06:20 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
I have had a Pfaff since the early '90s. and love it. Yesterday, it wouldn't start so I took it to a Pfaff dealer who told me it just needed servicing and NOT to trade it in since it will go forever. While I was there, I quickly checked out the newer Pfaffs. I have my eye on the Ambition 1.5 but will wait for a while. Check out the Pfaff website. They do a great job of listing all the features of each model and have a comparison chart for various models. Decide what you want in a machine and then find the one that meets most of those wants. Enjoy the process.

I have not heard anyone on hear talk yet about the Ambition 1.5. I have been hearing about the newer Passport 2.0 that sounds like it is exactliy what I am looking for --a simple machine with IDT to use mainly for piecing. Is that also what the 1.5 is? Is it computerized or not? I would love to hear more about this machine and the price of it. I have a Dealer 1 1/2 hours away (which I have been told has the best prices in the state of MN) and I have a Dealer about 2 hours away, so I am anxious to go to these Dealers to actually try to the machines and check out their pricing.