Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 AM
quiltingdragon

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Got up early, finished my two cushions and will be heading to the P.O. in the morning. A small hint: I picked my favorite thing about summer, and no. it is NOT sun!! We get enough of that all year round. Couldn't figure out anything summery that would have gone with my partners' wish list but hope they will like what I made.

On anolther note, I am really loving all the pincushions I have been seeing on this swap. They are so fun. So I am doing a pincushion swap at my quilting guild and we will do our first swap next month. Seems to have people interested, will see who brings in a cushion. I'm doing it that you bring in one or two cushions, and put your name in a jar for each cushion you brought in. At the break, I will draw names and you pick in order of having your name drawn.

And a P.S. someone asked me in a PM about my avatar -- it is a tutorial I did on this board.
Paintmejudy, we had the most fun at our guild retreat this year- everyone made or bought a nice pincushion, and then we took the classic "white elephant" gift exchange and called it "rob your quilter" - used left,center,right dice, and passed in the indicated direction, and whoever rolled center got to steal a pincushion. We had a ton of fun and everyone went home with a great cushion.