Thread: Men who quilt
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Sierra

When reading about the huge number of husbands who are bragged about/appreciated on this QB it is obvious that many of us have a hubby who gets involved with our quilting, and some of the men have been intrigued to the point of taking up quilting themselves. Mine helped me get my area in order, goes to quilt shops with me and sometimes insists that I get some fabric that at the time I can't think of how I would ever use it (and then some desperate need comes up and that fabric is the answer). Like many men he has some color blindness, but he can see all tones just fine and can, and will tell me if I've got a dull spot happening. He helps me design (a quilt he worked with me every step of the way won best of show recently; he even held the rolled areas and shifted them right and left so I could quilt it on my regular machine). He also has taken over the cooking (which he loves and far outdoes me in quality) and the vacuming, but refuses to dust! I put both our names on the quilts I make for friends and family because w/o him I couldn't quilt nearly as much, or as well, and he helps me in the quilting process so much! He is very secure in his manliness but will not sew (I think the sewing machine scares him!). His hands and fingers are huge and sewing on a button is a major chore for him. Our arrangement is simply the way we have settled in, but obviously male/female roles are at our convience, not set by yesterday's "sex roles".

Last edited by Sierra; 07-04-2013 at 07:43 AM.