Old 07-04-2013, 02:36 PM
jacquie

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon View Post
Hello everyone... I have not been online here in sometime. I have been working on the Dear Jane blocks since April. I have row A and B completed and a few other blocks. It has been my thoughts of quilting as I go process and I was wondering if anyone here has thought of doing this or has been doing so. What has your thoughts been on using this method? I wish I had been in with all of you from the start, but I was not sure I was able to do such little blocks! I can say that I have forged ahead and given it a go and so far have managed to complete each thus far, Not perfect by far, but I just love each so far!
hi roseOfsharon, i have around 33 blocks & 3 tri's done so far...
i did start 'quilting as I go' the first 20 or so... i haven't got around to the rest yet, but it will be good for me as i haven't a 'scooby' how else i would quilt it afterwards...
you and i are about the same with this project...

i have been making most of the hand sewn ones up to now. these are the ones i can take to work to complete, like all the little applique blocks with 'melons' etc...

i've really enjoyed making them to date, it's been great watching these ladies steam ahead each week. they're such an inspiration!!

i will need to look way way back at their posts to see that i'm making my blocks ok, and look for any pointers on 'tricky' ones!!

'we' WILL get there!! oh yes! we will!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxx