View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Suziuki

GFG is a very good project for people on the go, I have one on the ten year plan as I call it, which means it happens when it happens. A small bag of papers, material, thread and needle goes just about everywhere with me and when I have to wait somewhere I do a little bit. I have even been known to sew hexagons together while waiting in line to get into a Quilting and Craft Fair. I am a soft toy maker from way back and when I started doing a GFG, it just seemed natural for me to use the glove stitch that I used on my soft toys. It is a very firm stitch and done small enough it does not show on the front, but it does use a little more thread. Glove stitch is easy enough to do, the first part is just a whip or overcast stich and then you simply do another stitch in the same spot as the whip stitch, then another whip stitch, then another stitch in the same spot and so on and so on. I hope this makes sense.
My quilt was not going to be anything spectacular, but lately I have seen so many different layouts of GFG that are stunning that I don't know which one I am going to do.