Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM
SemiSweet

EDS stands for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. My friend has this and that's why I made her this quilt. It's very painful and has caused a huge change to her whole life plan. She was in grad school to get her doctorate in biology and had to quit school because she was missing so much of her work/research. She still got her masters, but it completely took away her dream, she can't even work in the field that she worked towards. She was really struggling because not only did she have to quit school but she also had to move away from all her friends that she'd made here in Iowa. Her syndrome gets harder to deal with in the cold weather because many people with EDS Hypermobility also get horrible early-onset osteoporosis and arthritis (she's only 27). So she had to move to a warmer state. Luckily she was able to move to Hawaii, but she still gets really cold there, so I asked her if she wanted me to make her a quilt and then we picked out a design and the fabrics for it together before she left. Now I'm going to mail this to her in Hawaii.

More information about EDS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers%E2%80%93Danlos_syndrome

Oh, and by DB I meant "Dear Boyfriend." haha, my mistake.