Thread: crayons
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 06:50 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
Dang, can't find a picture of the quilt. Used sharpies to outline pictures from a coloring book.(taped them to a window to see the outlines) Then colored them really heavy.......cheap crayons=color really really heavy as they have less dye in them. Lay a couple paper towels over the coloring and iron with a hot iron until color stops coming up on the paper towels. The girls I showed how to do this won Best in Show for their age level at the NC State Fair a few years back. It's really easy to do, I'm working on the Lorax right now and will be giving the book with it as a gift.
That's basically how I've done it except that to get deeper colors, I do it in layers instead of coloring real dark by pressing hard. I've found that the wax of the crayons clump and form oily color patches on the picture. I place the fabric between layers of brown paper bag (yep, we still have them in our grocery store -- but we have to request them). Also, I find that I do better with Crayola crayons. What about you?

Congrats, Coyotemagic, to you for teaching the girls and on their success at the state fair.

Last edited by GailG; 07-04-2013 at 06:54 PM.