View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM
nancia

pat-- resist the urge to shop!! pull out that stash and start shopping there! there is polyester looming on the horizon!! i just found a wonderful pattern that will be a cinch to make and i'm trying to clear the decks to do it. i have added a new little girl (no, not a doll) to my doll club and i am making clothes for her (and a few little things for my dolls). this means i can use some of those smaller pieces and get rid of them, thus giving me more room in case someone wants to gift me fabric. anyway, she is the bonus sister to the little girl i gave a doll and clothes and quilt to in the 1st home dec swap. then i had the brother for the 2nd home dec swap-( stranger things have happened), and now the bonus sister is visiting for the summer and i think it's only fair that she gets a package, too. so i am making some outfits for her doll, and will go to j/a's with a coupon and buy the doll. she will not, however, get a quilt.
on another burner, i have 2 dresses to make for my dgd for her birthday. i don't recall this moratorium included birthday fabric, so i'm not confessing the 10 yards of red sparkly tulle and the red and white polka dot top fabric, or the black fabric for the cumberbund (which i haven't bought yet). i ordered thread from ct and i did not get even 1 inch of fabric. yay, me! so i am being very good so far this month--can it already be the 4th? happy 4th to my usa friends! and have a super day, the rest of my friends! i will leave you all with these memorable words i just thought up, shop your stash! pull out 10 pieces of fabric and play the matching game. what pattern would work with these, or those? get excited about what you have again. i have a whole bookcase full of fabric that i can't get to, yet. so i may re-organize and shop my stash some more!