View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:56 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
a wooden-dome-topped hand crank Singer that is in the attic and whose case is locked with no key!

Jan in VA
If it's a flat key, often you can get it open with a small slim blade screw driver...

Then you can figure out which model it is here:
http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...-database.html

My list of machines in my sig is out of date. There are 5 more waiting to be serviced etc (a 99-, an Elna something or other (looks like a supermatic, but older), a Pfaff 361(?), A Zenith something, a vintage brother something), but I've reached the "purge" phase.... I'm listing 2/3 of them in our local buy and sell. I spend too much time maintaining and no time sewing. I could sell 2/3s and not feel it, except that my bank account would look better, and that side of the house would stop sinking, and I'd have time to sew.

I may see if the proceeds from all of the machines can go to a "modern" Pfaff though (and modern for me is one of the Made in Germany Tipmatic type machines. LOL!) They're just pricier than I can support at the moment.

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 07-05-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: White space is good