Old 07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
aborning

Default New Pfaff Ambition Essential Sewing Machine

Thank you to all of you that have responded to my threads the past couple days inquiring about Pfaff machines and to all the people I private messaged about specific models of Pfaff sewing machines. Today I went to a Dealer (the nearest is almost 2 hours away) and tried the Pfaff Ambition Essential machine. It is NOT the 1.0 or the 1.5 but just the plain Ambition Essential with the least bells and whistles. I am a Bernina lover and I have 2 Bernina machines already that I really like --except for the fact that I do have to pin when I am piecing or the top fabric always ends up longer. I ordered the Creative Curves Ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful and figured it might be a nightmare sewing the curved pieces because how would I pin them? and the seams would all be off when done sewing them. So I mostly wanted a basic Pfaff for the IDT feed to use just for piecing. (Hey, guys have different guns for hunting for different things so we can have multiple machines to use each one for specific things, too! LOL). When I looked on the Pfaff website this morning and went to Promotions, it said that the Pfaff Ambition Essential is on sale during the whole month of July for $599. Wow, what a good price. My basic Bernina that I bought for traveling cost me $700 and it was a year old! My budget was really about $600 and I was originally going to go today to look at the Passport 2.0--but the price on that was $699 so the Ambition Essential was cheaper and a machine with a longer throat. So I went to the Dealer today and tried the Ambition Essential and loved it. I was worried about having 2 different brands of machines, and being able to remember how each different one works, but the Pfaffs are very similar to the Berninas. Of course, it is still in the box in the basement because I haven't broke the news to my husband yet! I'm sure now I could just as well sell my Bernina 230 that I bought for $700 a year ago --for traveling to classes and retreats--because this Pfaff does not feel any heavier than that machine so I'm sure this Pfaff will also become my traveling to classes machine. I can't wait to work on it--I'm like a kid at Christmas right now!