View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Rosyhf

Originally Posted by mawluv View Post
THANKS for your tutorial!!!! I'm a fixin to go and a start a rippin!!!
Good for you Maw, remember to rip on the straight of grain.

Ok, I decided to put two rows together to see if my plan is going to work. I said no Y seams or set ins right?

Flip the top dark block over the light block, take them to your table and line them up, look and see the two little points hanging out? this is the way it should look. But, to be on the safe side, put a pin through the 1/4 ins seams of both blocks and pin both ends to make sure.

Look at the second pic, I am checking to make sure the blocks will line up. The third pic shows all the blocks sewed in the first row.

Sew the second row, the same way. Always sew with the dark block on top, because that is a straight strip. Press seams one way on the first row and the other way on the second row. When you sew them together they will nestle nicely. The third pic shows the second row flipped over the first row. Sew that seam.

The fourth pic shows the two rows sewed together. Easy as all get out. I will need to add more blocks to row one, of course lol. I can just sew willy nilly until I run out of blocks. I have a pile of them and all the undesirable are gone lol.
Attached Thumbnails lining-up.jpg   lining-up-block.jpg   one-row-sewed.jpg   turned.jpg   2-rows-sewed.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 07-05-2013 at 07:21 PM.