Thread: GFG/Hexies help
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 PM
LLWinston44

Default GFG/Hexies help

I had previously posted this, http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t225027.html. I decided to try all the suggested stitches. Ladder Stitch, (which I had been doing, and is done for all the purple), overcast, and running stitches. The overcast totally showed up on the front, the ladder and running stitch didn't show up too much. The problem I'm finidng I'm running into is that no matter what stitch I'm doing, the thread totally shows in the corners. I've watched videos, read tutorials, and don't know why this is happening. It seems that I'm following the directions, but obviously I'm missing something. Incedentally, I'm using the light thread on purpose on this practice project so I can see where I might make mistakes. And the light thread has not let me down! haha! Oh and starching made a HUGE difference. I actually think I'll starch each hexie before attaching them.

Oh and I wanted to ask, the opinon seems to vary whether to baste through the paper or not. I've not yet tried it through the paper, though I will just to see how it works, but how many times can the papers be reused? I'm using the precuts (which I LOVE!)

Thanks again all! I am definitely loving the hexies!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg