View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 AM
daria

It took me a year before joining a guild when. Started quilting five years ago. I was so lucky to have a morning guild that has about 300 members. We have had so many outstanding speakers over the last three years. I have also been so fortunate to have many guilds within an hours drive that have speakers and are open to non members taking their one or two day class with the visiting speaker. Even if you don't know if you want to join a guild go and pay the small fee for one time visit. The guilds around here charge three to five dollars for visiting guests. We do so many charity items from cuddle quilts, wounded warrior quilts, concert cancer pillow cases for children, placemats for meals on wheels, capes for Canine Companion are just a few. I volunteered each year for a different committee and it is rewarding and has inspired me each month with all the beautiful quilts, wearable art, and art quilts members share. Join. Or visit! Back to petting my fabrics and deciding on which ones to use next! Hugs all!