View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
suziehammond

Default Nov/Dec Challenge complete at last

OK this is a little embarrassing but better late than not at all, right? You recall Back in Nov/Dec?

November Challenge
We have all had points in our lives when something happened and we were much the worse off because of it......but then...you looked around and took advantage of opportunities presented and a bad situation resolved into something unexpected but much better.........

December Challenge
.... how about using some of your old tried out techniques in a new way to make your gifts more 'arty'?
-----------
We had a friend who stayed in our house while we had to go back to the US to fight with the property manager who didn't pay our US house insurance when our house burned down. We got almost nothing and he walked away with little pain as he threatened to just declare bankruptcy b4 we could get him to court and then we'd have nothing but more bills...But I still felt the friend who did such a lovely favor was due a nice winter quilt for looking after our doggie and house. So now it is cold and rainy and 30 degrees and I have finally finished up his reward.

It is scrappy but 'arty' I think and it was definitely born out of the dregs and leftovers of the house and fabrics and everything else we no longer have. So although started 6 months ago it did get done.
Attached Thumbnails rodrios-q.jpg   rodrigo-2.jpg