Old 07-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by krafty14 View Post
Yes, guess I misunderstood what you wanted. I thought you wanted two blocks together to measure 8 1/4".
To make an 8 1/4" four patch you would need 4 squares of fabric measuring 4 3/8" each.
You would need 4 squares measuring 4 3/4" each for a pinwheel.
You say your panel is 8 1/4". Are you going to sew it to the 4 patch/pinwheel? If you are not going to cut it or sew it, what are you going to do?
The panel has 9 blocks which measure 8 1/4 " but it has a border around them similar to sashing. I plan to add borders to the outside sashing with the 4 patches and pinwheels to accent them out of various coordinating fabrics. They will not be sewn directly to the panel blocks. I just thought it would look better to have all of the blocks about the same size. I am so good at messing myself up by thinking I can take a piece of fabric and use my imagination and have it all work out right!! yikes! why do I try these things??? anyhoo, thanks again! I will let you know how it works. gotta do dinner now~

Last edited by Helen6869; 07-06-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: to give better explanation