View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by ocsfollowme View Post
Greetings,

I am working on my first sleeve today. I just finished a 111" long sleeve that I started with 8.5" of fabric. I was told that I need to have a 4" sleeve. However, when I completed it and pinned it to my quilt, the flat portion measures 3.5" but the curved/bowed out portion measures 4.25" in length.

I must have done more than a 1/4" seam allowance for the stitching.

It was a good two hours of working since I spent a lot of time pressing the fabric to get nice lines since it was 111" long.

Do I need to scrap it since it is 3.5" on the bottom and 4.25" on the curved part?

My quilts are going to be in a big quilt show in September and I want to make them right since they will be doing a lot of traveling.

But in thinking about it, the bottom measure would have to be under 4" so that the top bows out. Could someone please tell me if I am right or wrong?

I have extra fabric to make a new one, but I was hoping to save a few hours since I have already put in 60+ hours the past few weeks.

www.ww2patchquilt.com

Steve
It should be fine. Since it's bowed out it allows plenty of room for the rod to go thru and not bow out the front of the quilt.