Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 AM
CindyA

Monica, I kept meaning to ask what kind of law you specialize in.

The threads on my blocks: when I'm done with the block I increase my stitch length to the longest length and sew a little piece of paper to the back of the block with the block number and name. I wanted to keep them labeled and it won't bother me to take out 2-3 stitches as I always 'prune' the back of my blocks right before I sew them together.

Katybob, I received the iron in the mail Saturday!!! It has a little weight to it, doesn't it? Took me a few minutes to get used to that but I really like that it's helping me press seams flat. Thanks again for that link. I can imagine it's not as fun putting it all together as it is making the blocks. I could put rows A through E together now but I have it in my head to lay it all out and make sure I like it before I assemble it. I never liked B-2 and B-3 beside each other but now that we're this far into the quilt it doesn't seem that big of a deal. Really, it's probably not even noticeable, when I first made those two blocks I thought it was awful. But part of me feels that it's wrong to change the layout. Hmmmm . . . something to keep thinking about.

I have hopes of catching up on the blocks and getting it assembled on schedule. But we shall see . . . I do have other projects around the house and all my other quilting projects are on hold.

Dotty and Monica, yes, make sure to take care of yourselves! And all others who are facing medical concerns at this time as well.