View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt View Post
[ Another good reason to add to the list that makes my Nook better than the Kindle.
The Kindles are every bit as good as the Nook. Some of us opt to purchase the one with ads to save $.. It's cheaper and the ads aren't bothersome at all. They only show up when you turn your Kindle on. It's good to have that option if you want to save money.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying anything against the Kindle, everyone has the right to get what they want. All I said it was another reason to add to the list why "I" made the best choice for me. I chose the Nook because they don't care where you buy your books from, they support many different formats. Rather its Sony, or Kindle or Apple, I don't like companies who make something and sell it to you but you can only use what they produce. I have never heard of this charge for ads before because Nook doesn't do that. It's just one price for all and I never have ads to pop up. It surprised me that this exsist. I know our PC's come with all of those ads on them and the AOL, McAfee, etc all get deleted as soon as I set it up because its just wasting space on my hard drive.