View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
SandyinZ4

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
Thank you for your reply...not sure that I understand what you are saying. Do you embroider right onto your quilt? Or do you embroider on a separate label and apply that to your quilt? If so, how do you apply? Do you applique or just sew the label on?
I have been very pleased with sewnsewer's labels she makes for me. She gives you lots of choices of fonts and colors and even little logos. Here is what I do. After I have ordered and received my label, which comes on a square of cotton with pellon on back for stability, I trim around the pellon. I decided how large I want my label to be and then cut a square of muslin just a bit larger. I trim the label with 1/4 inch extra and with label face down (important!!!) on the muslin, I sew all around with 1/4 inch seam. Then carefully make a small cut in the muslin and turn the label right side out. Then I sew around the outside edge to make it look nice, iron and then blind stitch it onto the back of the quilt. Hope that helps. PM me if you need more info.