Thread: Bobbin Winders
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
I agree with peckish, and want to further comment....there are some great bobbin winders out there for $20/30
http://www.joann.com/wrights-sidewin...te/xprd315882/

i have a fancier one that I need for winding my Long Arm bobbins cause they do not wind bobbins on the machine.

Now I will say, I use my Embroidery/Sewing combo machine to wind bobbins, it does it with a simple click rather than being run via the foot pedal. I find that the bobbins are wound more consistently and work better than the foot pedal ones. But that is me

And whomever told you that, they may not know there are other options.

Btw....the $100 bobbin winders that I have seen are the long arm ones that have speed control to ensure that the bobbins have perfect tension......cause with LA's it is ALL about the tension!
I have the SideWinder from JoAnn's and I love it. I added more bobbins to my collection and do up about 15 extra bobbins and always have them on hand - until, of course, I run out and then it is a nice relaxing time, just making up more bobbins. It goes fast, and if you can't be right on top of it, it stops automatically when the bobbin is filled. Very simple, very easy. I have had mine for about five years now and haven't had one smidgeon of trouble and if I did, I wouldn't think twice about getting another one.

Oh, yah, I heard the same thing about not using your bobbin winder on your machine. So I don't. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but for 50% off on a Sidewinder, it is worth it to me. Happy sewing! Edie