View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Jratcliff

Default error message - not good!

!I have a Brother Innovis 6000D. Working on a Hoopsisters quilt that has been moving along nicely. I take apart the bobbin area and clean out the lint after every block. So, yesterday it was stitching along nicely and a little squeak started that I noticed around the left side (needle side). I took off the cover and couldn't see anything, no loose threads anywhere, and the squeak seemed to be on the upstroke of the needle. Well, I wanted to finish the block since I only had maybe 5" of sewing left. The machine stopped and an error message appeared that the safety mechanism had kicked in and that I either had a bent needle or the upper thread was tangled. The needle will no longer rise. Again, I took the machine apart and can't find anything. Turning it off and on doesn't help - I still get the message when I touch the needle down button. I don't suppose anyone has a quick fix suggestion. I hate to take it in as I know I won't see it again for weeks. Anyone? Help! Jane, stuck with needle up