Old 07-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Miz Johnny

Like many people who haul machines around to classes and such, I had to have a Featherweight. I just never could get to the point I liked to sew on it--just too small for my liking. I finally sold the whole set up (table, etc.). I still have one around here somewhere I need to clean up and resell, but guess I'd have to find it first. Little fellow is easily lost. The 301's are nice, but again, never could get into really sewing on them, so have sold most of the ones I had--still have a couple on the work bench. The two I generally use for classes and retreats are a very small Sears treadle that has been reworked to hold a Singer 99, and a Japanese class 15 that happens to be aluminum. It's the only one I've ever found, and the one that gets the most use lately.
Heavy rains here over the week, and on the 4th, I discovered water in the garage--of course, in the back where machines are stored. I had to move a lot of machines (several warped bottoms on wooden cases--sigh), buy a new dehumidifier, wait for it to dry out, and then seal it. I've put some machines back on a raised platform, but haven't moved the rest yet. Really need to "do something" about the treadles in the garage......