View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Sdwill

I learned early not to loan any of my stuff out. My husband had loaned one of his tools to his best friend. Several weeks later the tool was returned but it was returned by another person. Seems 4 people borrowed this particular tool when we only loaned it to one. I also caught my FIL loaning out MY log splitter the other day. I inherited it after my dad passed away. We don't use wood heat but my FIL does and our deer camp does. So I kept it since we cut the wood for FIL and deer camp and we store it in a barn on the farm. I walked in at my FIL's the other day and he was on the phone with someone. After he got off he told me that the guy called to see if he could borrow the wood splitter and he would be there the next day to pick it up. I went livid. I told him it was not his to loan out and anyone that wants to borrow it needs to talk to me. Luckily I knew who was borrowing it and they will fix anything that breaks on it. I have this problem with by BIL, he will use stuff of my husbands and then fuss at my husband when it breaks or his best one... "you are out of welding gas". My husband welds about 3 times a year. That tank of gas should last many years, not 6 months.