Old 07-08-2013, 02:14 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

JanRN, its a lot like dogs from different kennels, depending on how they were raised whether they make a good 'pet' or simply let them grow up. Guineas need the imprint of human hands several times a day, and I don't always follow through as good as I should. We do try to handle gently, and talk to them a lot. By clipping the wing tip before they are two weeks old, they cannot fly. But they do eat every insect their eyes see, especially ticks. That is why we put up with their noise and commotion and hope to increase the number of guineas we have. The adults will never win a beauty contest, but the newly hatched keet is cute. I have to count their bills to see how many are in the photograph!! Thought it would be something 'different' for you city gals to see a picture of the fowl.

Old sitting hen hatched out three from the last batch, and now nine of this batch of eggs...she has done a wonderful job sitting on the eggs. If/maybe the Guinea Hen will hatch a few more...if the raccoons and skunks do not find her.

DD, hoping cooler weather will find you; its just July, not August or September, yet. No doubt, Texas has it hot as well, and Arizona, too.

Good luck with your photography class, Anael. Looks like you are learning a lot, making something disappear from the photo. Its an interesting click-click to capture things on film or digital disk, I think.