View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Wowser that is fabulous! Wanna quilt some tops for me?
Thank you...and sure, anytime!

Originally Posted by Sneed View Post
Another great job that you have done. I always look forward to seeing what you have been up to.
Thank you!! That is such a compliment, thank you for always looking and having something kind to say!

Originally Posted by heather1949 View Post
That is just gorgeous, what sort of thread did you use please, looks like metalic.
Thank you!! The thread I used was a khaki colored Isacord - just a little tip - using a sandy/khaki/golden shade in any of the shiny threads looks like a metallic without all the fuss.

Originally Posted by twinsister2 View Post
I thought your quilting was inspirational. Can you describe what designs you quilted in the different sections and repost? Thanks. I love to see ideas of others and learn from great examples like this one. You are a 10 in my book
Thank you so very much! I can break it down into a few elements...the swirls are just that...almost like a pebble with a swirlie in the middle of it, then the lotus shape is basically just three overlapping leaf shapes....the curly cues are just swirls connected and I use them as a way to travel around my quilt...and then the swirls in the triangles are just...swirls! Oh and I use a three teardrop fan shape in a lot of triangles too. A great way to practice using these very simple elements is to draw grids in quilt block designs and then try drawing different designs in those grids without lifting your pen or pencil. You can do a lot with just the smallest simplest shapes and then combining those simple shapes to make more elaborate designs.