Old 07-09-2013, 12:48 AM
mirabelle

so today was D day at the Doc's and the good news is, according to the report, the rotator cuff and bicep tendon are intact, so that's good right...
Then the bad news, there is a tear of the supraspinatus tendon with the tear extending across approximately 50% of the width of the tendon.
Now good news, it can be fixed with surgery, now bad news, there is a 2 year waiting period for this surgery, now for the "my life sucks right now news" if it tears completely before I can have surgery there is no fixing it and I will not be able to raise my arm above chest height.
The Doc told me to find a new hobby, he suggested watching tv or reading, I asked for a referral to a physiatrist as I was going to need therapy, he gave me a cortisone injection which he said should last 6 months so I told him I would be back for another jab when that one wore off...

SO I have managed to get 3 quilts quilted and bound in 4 days, I know call me crazy....I have managed my back pain for the last 8 years so will manage this the same way. Grit and determination to not let it get me down cause I am just too darn stubborn to give in and gosh there are still too many quilts that I want to make..