Old 07-09-2013, 02:35 AM
SusanSusan33

Default A new Brother pq1500s or used pfaff grand quilter 1200?

I was looking for a machine with a large Throat as my elna quilters dream is so hard to do machine quilting on...

A couple weeks ago I bought the brother pq1500s but was about ready to return it to amazon this past week. I still Couldn't figure out the needle threader to save my life and had a hard time with the walking foot. I got my tension issues figured out (mine and the machines. It was a threading problem mostly) and i do love the stitch on this machine. After I took to a local shop for help with the threader I got that figured out but it's still a challenge but doable. The walking foot does NOT have a guide bar attachment and as far as the shop owner could tell there isn't one with a guide bar. Not sure if that's a deal breaker but it sure would be nice not to have to mark my lines.

When I was there the owner was telling me about a local woman trying to sell a 2007 pfaff grand quilter 1200. It's listed $800 obo. It was maintained at the shop and only used for fmq. The seller teaches classes at the lqs next to the sewing machine shop. I paid $655 for the brother so she suggested I ask $580...

What do the experts think? Is that a better machine? Equal? And how bout the walking foot?

thanks so much for your help!!