Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 AM
JanieW

Hi everybody,

I have been MIA but for good reasons this time.

I was expecting friends to come visit for Canada Day but didn't know I had a surprise in store. My son came up with his three kids, the ones I had just been down to help out with a couple of weeks ago. He decided to give my DIL a break so he brought them all up. The little guy was one at the end of Feb and the girls are 9 and 7.

We took the girls to the fireworks. It is frustrating to take kids because we live so far north that it doesn't get dark until at least 11:30 PM. However it was worth it. This year they were extra special as it is our city's centennial. The girls just loved them. They were asleep when their heads hit the pillow.

Now all company is gone and the garden is caught up. I may even get to the sewing room later today if I remember where it is.

Yesterday was our 41 st anniversary. We puttered in the garden, cleaned up and walked through the trails to go out for lunch. Then we went to see the Lone Ranger in the evening, came home, waited for it to get dark and then sat out by the fire until 1:00 am! It was a quiet, but good day.

QNS
I love your little guineas. Your comment about being graceful growing old resonated with me as that was something my grandma used to say. Unfortunately her daughter ( my mother ) didn't get the memo. My main goal as I age is to NOT be like my mother. So far so good.

OK can't wait to hear about your trip. We are going back to the UK this Sept. I hope you will post some pictures when you get a chance.

GardnerGal thanks for asking about the flood. We are ok, but Calgary and High River are still in a big mess. There was more heavy rain down there yesterday and it keeps making it worse. It is difficult if not impossible to get flood insurance so there are very many people who will have to start all over again. It's very upsetting.

I hope to catch up with everyone individually soon, but just can't find some computer time for long enough.

I need to get out for my run and then shower and go for groceries. The fridge is very empty.