Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

CarrieM ... looks like you've had a "family" holiday while DH has been off. Congratulations to your Grandparents on their Diamond Anniversary.

QNSue ... lots of little ones to look after. You really do need to do a special bird quilt in honour of your following!

MiraB ... OMG on the Good/Bad News saga, and the fears for the long term. Instant results from the cortisone? ITA sometimes it's learning to manage and live with something ... rather than dwell on what might be. I try to do that with my eyes, and pretty much never think much about what is lingering in the background all the time. I'll be here to bolster you up and help you continue on!

JeanieG ... any Happy Hammer sounds?

GGal ... did DH's deep cleaning continue? Typical guy ... out to the power washer! However, with this heat, it's a good project to help cool off with the spray! Great new sampler project for you!

Honchey ... Oh dear for the amputation! I've done that ... plus have had vital pieces flip around when trimming, so that I get the clean 1/4" seam ..... but also take off the main piece as well. I get so annoyed at myself when that happens. Yes! have a drink!!! Thanks for sending the rest of the MB months. No, I am not an over-achiever as you hinted, though should the occasion strike .......I'm prepared!!!

DDamsel ... hope that you are enjoying your "retreat" and getting lots of pampering from Ma and Pa! ........... which likely means some sewing time too? Any cooler yet?

JanRN ... so what are the great FART plans for August? An extended trip, perhaps?

JanRN and Anael ... heck, forget wrinkles, how about a magic tool to make extra pounds to disappear!

Anael ... And so, another new "habit" develops! Next thing you'll not have time to sew! Is that a new pic of the SewGrands as your avatar pic? Would you please show us a larger view? How are you making out with your new "wheels"? Bet Mick is intrigued!

OKSGlad ... Dog Tired is good ... and overloaded with grand memories of the incredible journey!! Look forward to hearing some of the highlights. Hope that ILean did not follow you to Guernsey, nor waiting for you or MrOKSGlad when you returned. Rest Up, Dear Friend!

JanieW ... confused here? Did you have your friends as well as DS+Grands? Or had the friends conspired with DS so that you thought it was friends coming to be replaced by DS? FUN time to take the kids to the fireworks. HAPPY 41st! Looks like you had a pleasant day ... and then a UK "honeymoon" soon to come!

Me? ... Now back to reality and WORK! UGH! It was a nice get-away, though the HHH made one feel like a wet noodle! Yes, some fabrics followed me home, though nothing incredible, or any main project. I was a little disappointed in the Hop ... seemed more like business as usual, than anything special. No Hop gifts. No Quickie Corners. No Hop Specials. And honestly, the whole thing seemed to lack enthusiasm. Yes, there is a draw for all that make it to all ten shops, but I have no clue what the draw items are, or how many. They featured an exclusive batik line, with one block per shop at $4.99 (amount of fabric really did not give us value for the $$) and the completer kit is $130. Plus still need to buy backing. I wasn't so sure I really liked the quilt, though I did like the fabrics, so have bought the blocks, and will do my own thing, without the completer kit.

One thing for you ladies to watch for is a new line from Robert Kaufman ... realistic wildlife (bears, etc) yardage, some coordinating fabrics ... and a couple of panels. The panels look more like paintings once quilted up. Incredible!! And no, I did not buy any!