View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM
IshtarsMom

Default My Cheapness at it again!

Right now I'm a "make do" quilter, sewist, whatever. I have to plan every purchase and figure out how to have something nice on a very limited budget...don't get me wrong..it is sufficient to our needs as long as we don't have very big needs...LOL I long for the day when I save up enough to make one of the gorgeous quilts I see here everyday. Will I be afraid to make the first cut on this dream quilt when the day comes? Who knows...

Anyway my porch chairs were in dire need of recovering...have had this set since 1986 and it is still good..was very expensive at the time but considering how well it has lasted was well worth it. The colorful sheet isle at Walmart holds a great fascination for me in making things for the house..table cloths, curtain, rugs, etc. This time it is pillowcase covers for the chairs that can be removed and thrown in the washer and dryer. The cats and I are really happy about this washing feature.... The twin sheets are $ 4.47 ea and it took 1/3 of a sheet for each chair plus thread...am going to use the other fabric left over to make a matching quilted duvet cover for the porch swing. Works out to about $1.50 a chair plus thread. So I figure for about $25.00 with batting and all we will have 4 chairs and a porch swing nicely covered and serviceable...Thanks for looking...I love all your beautiful creations.
Attached Thumbnails chairscallieishi.jpg   chairsjacksoncallie.jpg