Old 07-09-2013, 05:25 PM
himnherr

Default My "Paris" garment bag, tote bag & 2 shoe bags!

So last month my friends daughter graduated from 8th grade. She loves anything and everything Paris. She gets to take a trip to NY in a couple of weeks so I made her this set for her trip. I modified by enlarging, & adding a zipper to the "big bag theory" pattern from the April 2009 McCall's Quilting mag., the garment bag is a Nancy Zieman pattern- zipper unzips from either end, and the shoe bags I made from a tutorial on Pinterest. Danielle's favorite colors are charcoal and purple. The bag is lined with purple & white stripes and is finished with purple seam binding, so no rough edges. I did French seams on the shoe bags and added the cute ladies to the shoe bags, which I got here on the QB from "bearisgray". As soon as she offered the scraps I took her offer because the writing in the background of the ladies is Paris, Milan and New York. Too good to pass up. I think it is the perfect addition. Thanks again bearisgray. Sure hope Danielle likes the set. I texted pictures to her mom before I bought the fabric. She assured me she would love it.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg