View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:20 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Hello Quilter1!
You already know that I went with the Eddycrest.

I did not go with a power lift, as once the adjustable part was set, I would not be needing to hide the machine, or adjust the height. Plus, was it going to be something that would malfunction? I'm thinking that with your having a dedicated space as well, be like me and save the $$ for something else.

Go and check out the different brands to compare them IRL . I felt there was more value for the $$ I was spending. Not sure about the other brands re inclusions, but comparing the Eddycrest with the brand out of Edmonton that I considered, for the same money I got a lot more drawer storage space. Plus with it being a custom made order, if you want additional height or depth etc. or other features added, it's do-able. Factory builds can be great, but if you want something to your specs, can become quite expensive, if it is even possible.

If it's important to you ... consider the delivery delay. I found a lot of the sewing stores sold the cabinets, but did not carry stock and would take 6-12 weeks for delivery.

Eddycrest promised 4 wk delivery max, while letting me know it would probably not be that long ... I had it in less than two weeks! I had a feeling that would happen, and gave him full credit for over budgeting his time, so that if things went wrong, he was not needing to tell me there would be a delay.

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-10-2013 at 07:25 AM.